Building an ownable, end-to-end eCommerce experience requires proven and innovative partnerships.
How the Partnership Delivers
- Streamlined Order Management & Fulfillment: By integrating Upshop’s order management and fulfillment capabilities directly with Inmar’s eCommerce engine, businesses can seamlessly manage and fulfill orders. This integration ensures a smooth transition from the point of sale to the last-mile delivery, minimizing substitutions, eliminating picking errors, all while ensuring maximum freshness and quality.
- Seamless integration with real-time inventory optimization: this will be one of the significant advantages for grocers building a proprietary eCommerce operational platform leveraging Upshop and Inmar.
The recent Inmar<>Upshop implementation at Lowe’s Foods will have the capabilities of providing shoppers with:
Check out what a day in the life of an eCommerce order management and fulfillment specialist looks like at Lowes Foods.
By connecting Inmar’s eCommerce platform with Upshop’s real-time inventory intelligence, grocers can dramatically expand assortment online and reduce substitutions. Additionally, the integration allows for increased fulfillment efficiencies, reducing chances of delayed deliveries.
3. Enhanced Shopper Experience: The partnership optimizes the digital shopping experience. Inmar’s eCommerce platform integrates eCommerce, loyalty, incentives, and media into a seamless, personalized shopper experience. Combined with Upshop’s seamless fulfillment process, shoppers enjoy a hassle-free experience with prompt order processing, accurate tracking, and timely delivery with geolocation services and 3rd Party delivery partners. The integration also provides real-time inventory updates and personalized notifications, reducing the likelihood of an abandoned cart when an item appears out of stock.
How does this enhanced shopper experience come to life? Let’s say a Shopper browses for strawberries. However, there are no strawberries visible online due to order volumes and no planned store delivery before the Shopper’s desired pick-up time. If the pickup window is extended, a delivery of strawberries is made to the fulfillment site beforehand, and the strawberries will be visible online.
4. Scalable and Flexible: Upshop is designed to scale with the growing demands of businesses. By integrating with Inmar’s eCommerce engine, grocers can effortlessly handle fluctuations in order volumes, seasonal peaks, and sudden spikes in shopper demand. The partnership ensures that the fulfillment infrastructure remains flexible, allowing grocers to adapt and grow without constraints. Whether a business is still mastering eCommerce operations or rapidly expanding, the partnership provides scalability. How? Both systems are “headless” and “tailless”, enabling multiple eCommerce approaches. For instance, a grocer may want to start their offering solely with BOPIS and then move to delivery; they can just as easily start with curbside and then implement delivery with a pre-existing DSP Partner integration.
5. Opportunities to Offer Differentiated Experiences: Increasingly, in order to compete and win, retailers need to offer a digital experience that provides familiar personal touches and expanded Fresh assortment shoppers expect in their stores. Grocers can offer a differentiated and personalized shopping experience with integrated loyalty/incentive programs, media and data-driven decision-making, and an expanded Fresh assortment, with expanded Inmar and Upshop platform power.
What if an online shopper clips a coupon for a specific item, then adds a customized sandwich and additional sundries to their basket?
For the coupon, expanded Inmar loyalty and incentive capabilities are implemented. Then, in order to manage the item complexities, Upshop’s Fresh software connects MTO (made-to-order) and eCommerce operations workflows to manage the sandwich building and center store products. Upshop would split the order into two parts. First, the sandwich order is managed via Upshop’s Fresh department technology, using real-time inventory from the deli. While the sandwich workflow is timed, staged and processed, the center-store items are optimally picked by an associate.
By embracing this proven eCommerce partnership, Grocers can operate ownable, end-to-end eCommerce experiences that increase satisfaction, loyalty and profitability.
Want to hear Grocer’s experiences developing their own eCommerce solution? Check out Upshop’s webinar with SpartanNash and Lowe’s Foods.
Meet Inmar at Upshop’s Inaugural User Conference, Altitude, in Nashville on October 8th-10th, 2023
About Puja Singh
Puja Singh is VP, Global Strategic Alliances, responsible for nurturing a partner ecosystem. She collaborates with partners to deliver exceptional solutions and experiences for customers. Her passion for fostering strong alliances has helped propel Upshop in the ever-evolving world of Retail SaaS technology.